Fall in Colorado is a short-lived, breathtaking transformation of the Rocky Mountains. When the weather starts to turn colder, the trees breathe out vibrant yellows and golden hues cover the hillsides. What better way to take in all the beauty than a lovely fall afternoon drive over one of Colorado’s many mountain passes while enjoying the finest Green Man Cannabis has to offer.
Here is our list of the top 5 places to experience the magic of fall and the best strains to accompany them!
- Take the beautiful drive up I70 and through Breckenridge, just on the other side of town you’ll take a left by the Ice Rink that takes you up Boreas Pass Road. This narrow dirt road is rough but completely surrounded by aspen trees and makes for a surreal drive. Once you get to the top the trees clear and make for a breathtaking view of the ten mile range and the ski resort. Star Killer is a strong and effective hybrid strain that will enhance your journey in the best ways possible!
2. And that leads us (literally) to the next pass on our list! The quaint mountain town of Como is just on the other side of Boreas pass. Coming down from the mountain and past the farms you’ll find 360 views of mountain ranges on all sides of the valley. Go with the Flo for this trip, an uplifting and creative high will give you just the right edge for snapping some great photos!
3. If you continue down Highway 9 past the turn for Boreas pass, you’ll take the peaceful drive through the town of Blue River before you head over Hoosier Pass and into Alma. Stop at the top for a photo op at the trail head for one of Colorado’s many 14er’s Quandary Peak. Super Lemon Haze will help elevate and motivate you for the trek if you’d like to take a hike!
4. If you have the time, Independence Pass is one of the most versatile mountain passes in Colorado and is only open for a portion of the year due to the dangerous conditions created in winter. This drive will leave you speechless so plan on filling that void with a head full of Ghost Train Haze, sit back and appreciate the awesomeness.
5. Kenosha Pass is a great day trip, from Denver it’s only a couple of hours. The colors range from yellow, orange, red, green and everything in between! This area can get a little crowded so we recommend the delicious flavors of Grape Cola to keep you mellow and enjoying the beauty of nature!
So pack a bowl, pack up and head out to enjoy that beauty before winter comes!
REMEMBER: IT IS ILLEGAL TO DRIVE A VEHICLE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF CANNABIS AND TO CONSUME IN A STATE OR NATIONAL PARK. PLEASE ENJOY RESPONSIBLY.
All Photos Taken By @SamHayPhotography